“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door… You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
― JRR Tolkien
Okay, I know it has been a while. There really isn't any good reason either. I've had an entire month off from school. Yes, I've been busy, applying to schools, packing, and just getting my life in order before we go; however, I have failed in writing to you. Sorry about that. I promise that I will be more lonely than I can handle after moving day and I will definitely be writing more and more. I already miss some of you and I haven't even left yet.
I started making a few of my goodbyes today. I felt a little foolish in doing so: I knew I would be back again. Still, I've never been very good at saying farewell. I've always been hurt when people leave me, I've taken it personally when it wasn't. Now, I'm the one leaving and, somehow, it still hurts. So, yeah, I've been a little teary-eyed all day about leaving people I don't really see all that often anyway. The hard goodbyes are still looming ahead of me.
To more happy things though, yes? Most of you already know this but since I have been negligent in my cataloging... we found a place to live! No, it is not the Disneyland parking lot. We are renting a small mother-in-law house in Van Nuys, pronounced Van Eyes. It is apparently the porn capital of the world, so, as one of my friends put it, "we will always have work!" I'm just kidding. :P Anyway, the little house is tucked behind another bigger house. It's a two room (and I mean only two rooms...a living/kitchen/dining room and a bedroom) and one bathroom. Still, it's newly renovated with all stone floors (which means I can let my little ferritos run around a little bit, which is a big plus for me, sad as that is). Also, we don't have to worry about happy Miya feet clawing up any wood either, which is what I was worried about. It comes with a fridge and a stove, which most rentals in L.A. do not come with, and it has a washer and dryer. Since the house is tucked behind another you can't really use google to get a good picture of it. We saw some pictures on the ad but forgot to download them before the landlord took the ad down. oops. I'll take plenty of pictures though for you guys and post them though, so don't worry! If you want my address you can text me or email me.
We planned our route early because we are towing the U-haul plus our car and we have to smuggle in our three illegals (if you haven't heard by now, ferrets are illegal to own in California). I am actually enjoying being a little rebellious and planning detours around the checkpoints. The authorities don't post the actual address of the checkpoint where they stop to see if you are smuggling anything in (mostly fruits and vegetables) but through internet forums and Google Maps I was able to see where the address was and the nearest exit before. There is something delicious in being devious and I can see how it can be an attractive life choice. With luck, we will be in our new home by 6pm on May 9th. That's the day, May 9th. As sad as I am, I am ready to go.
This week I graduate - I'm sure there will be pictures to come. I look forward to our farewell party on the 3rd and seeing a lot of you. I hope you are having a good day!
<3/ Brand-0
I started making a few of my goodbyes today. I felt a little foolish in doing so: I knew I would be back again. Still, I've never been very good at saying farewell. I've always been hurt when people leave me, I've taken it personally when it wasn't. Now, I'm the one leaving and, somehow, it still hurts. So, yeah, I've been a little teary-eyed all day about leaving people I don't really see all that often anyway. The hard goodbyes are still looming ahead of me.
To more happy things though, yes? Most of you already know this but since I have been negligent in my cataloging... we found a place to live! No, it is not the Disneyland parking lot. We are renting a small mother-in-law house in Van Nuys, pronounced Van Eyes. It is apparently the porn capital of the world, so, as one of my friends put it, "we will always have work!" I'm just kidding. :P Anyway, the little house is tucked behind another bigger house. It's a two room (and I mean only two rooms...a living/kitchen/dining room and a bedroom) and one bathroom. Still, it's newly renovated with all stone floors (which means I can let my little ferritos run around a little bit, which is a big plus for me, sad as that is). Also, we don't have to worry about happy Miya feet clawing up any wood either, which is what I was worried about. It comes with a fridge and a stove, which most rentals in L.A. do not come with, and it has a washer and dryer. Since the house is tucked behind another you can't really use google to get a good picture of it. We saw some pictures on the ad but forgot to download them before the landlord took the ad down. oops. I'll take plenty of pictures though for you guys and post them though, so don't worry! If you want my address you can text me or email me.
We planned our route early because we are towing the U-haul plus our car and we have to smuggle in our three illegals (if you haven't heard by now, ferrets are illegal to own in California). I am actually enjoying being a little rebellious and planning detours around the checkpoints. The authorities don't post the actual address of the checkpoint where they stop to see if you are smuggling anything in (mostly fruits and vegetables) but through internet forums and Google Maps I was able to see where the address was and the nearest exit before. There is something delicious in being devious and I can see how it can be an attractive life choice. With luck, we will be in our new home by 6pm on May 9th. That's the day, May 9th. As sad as I am, I am ready to go.
This week I graduate - I'm sure there will be pictures to come. I look forward to our farewell party on the 3rd and seeing a lot of you. I hope you are having a good day!
<3/ Brand-0
0 comments:
Post a Comment