Sunday, November 23, 2014 | By: Unknown

New Hair = Happy Brandy

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?'
Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?”
― Frank Zappa


Hey! So, I got a new haircut. Now, I realize how vain this is, writing a whole blog post about getting a new haircut and posting pictures of my sexy self all over the post.... it's pretty terrible. Still, I'm pretty excited about my new style, so you'll have to suffer with the narcissism for just a little bit. Never fear, I will also give you some exciting updates as well this blogpost. Just hang in tight a bit.

Most people know I hated my long hair. I have two styles - down (which was just basically running a comb through it and hoping it looked kind of sort of decent) and up (pony tail). Neither of these styles really made me feel particularly feminine. Which, maybe that wasn't the most important thing. I've always been a tom boy but... I do like feeling pretty too. 

I think mostly I just wanted a change. Watching over the 6th graders all day long... most of them are my size or a little smaller... with my hair, I just didn't feel old enough, you know? I don't know if this hair style makes me any older but I think it helps. Now at least when the administrator comes into the room looking for Mrs. Brown he'll be able to pick me out of the crowd. Also, it's freaking easy. Now I don't have to blow dry it for thirty minutes before going to school. 

Well, I haven't had my first day of school with my new hair, so we'll see how it goes. I'm pretty excited but I'm also worried. I have no sense of fashion, you all know that. I also don't have a lot of clothing that goes with having a short haircut. I'm thinking I'm going to need some cheap necklaces... you know... something that's going to replace those luscious locks lying on my neck. Ha! Daniel was being super awesome last night and he took me out to get a new outfit (including some jewelry) that totally matches though. I am grateful for him. He prefers long hair, I know, but he is pretty excited about the cut too! 

Winter Break
So, I have some exciting news! We will be returning to Utah for our winter break (i.e., CHRISTMAS TIME). CCMS gets 3 weeks of winter break! Wahoo! So, we purchased plane tickets that will take us to Utah non-stop on December 20th in the evening and brings us back on January 10th in the morning. A LONG time! yay!

So, if you all would like some Brandy and Dan, or just Brandy, or just Dan time. Please shoot me an email or a message of some sort. Our time is going to be divided between lots of people but I want to get everyone in. I miss everyone. 

Also, since we're on the subject of Christmas, Dan and I are asking for Best Buy gift cards. We want to get a new television and would like some help there. Please and thank you!

Turkey Day
So, Dan and I decided to do turkey day alone today. You got it, Brandy is going to try to cook her own turkey with all the fixings... God help us. Yikes! I'm totally not sure if it's going to work but I'm pretty excited. I also get a whole can of cranberry sauce to myself (maybe I'll share some with Dan)... so I can't really complain about that!

Well, I believe that's all the update I have. I hope everyone's holidays are beginning well.  

<3/ Brandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment