- J.R.R. Tolkien
Okay, maybe I'm a little biased...but come on, he is pretty dang cute. So, maybe you might be interested in why we named him after the famous author of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, J.R.R Tolkien. Well, there's not really any reason other than that Brandy is kind of a nerd and likes to name her pets (not Miya - I just always wanted to name a dog Miya) after literary figures. Not only does it sound sophisticated but c'mon... naming such a cute, small, face after such greatness... it's a little pompous, but it's cute. He was closed to being named the following: Chaucer, Faulkner, Elliot, and Tennyson. I think Tolkien fits his face.
So, why a kitten? If you asked me, I'd tell you I was a dog person all the way. However, I do like cats and I most especially like kittens. Don't give me the tirade. I am aware that baby Tolkien will grow up and most likely ignore me when I want love and demand love from me at the worst moments. That is to be cat. I have just found that, being so far away from my family, I need a bit of extra love to give and receive. I think Tolkien is the perfect answer. Okay, it was either him or a baby. I'm sure most of you would agree that it is not baby time yet for Brandy.
Yeah, this blog post is going to be all about my kitten. We've had him one day and he seems to be fitting in well. Miya really likes him. They both cuddled all night last night. That was pretty adorable. She plays really gently with him and doesn't chase him. Tolkien really likes Dixie the ferret though. Those two wrestle and tumble around together. It's really cute. He chases her, also tackles her. She chases him and jumps on top of him. Pretty dang cute to watch. I worry that he might get too big to play with her, I'm going to have to keep my eye on them. He's just playing and neither of them are biting hard. I just don't want to worry that grown Tolkien will play too hard.
Alright, so other than Tolkien, life has been pretty tame. Immensely busy, but tame. I'm getting ahead of my lesson plans (finally) and am finally not having to work until well into the night to be ready for the next day. This is a good place for me to be at. I love work. I love my kids. I love my little family.
So, the other day I mentioned that I've been interested in writing again. While I haven't actually gotten a lot of time to write, I wanted you guys to see what I have so far.... you know... don't be too hard?!
It's not a lot - just a short intro:
I have always loved the rain, and not in that cliche, hide the tears, kind of way either. In fact, I have done very little crying in the rain. Rather, the rain has always been like a million droplets of solace falling around me, just waiting for me to scoop them up.
There have been many nights when I have listened to the harsh sound of pounding rain against whatever window my head had found a pillow near. I let that sound wash around me as I watched the tiny rivulets of water run wayward paths down the window. I’ve been mesmerized as I watch a rain drop, which by all accounts should just travel in a straight path from top to bottom, suddenly bounce off some unknown obstacle and find a different path, and I wonder: do humans travel like rain drops on a window? I believe we do. Maybe it’s not fair, but I think we head down paths that seem straightforward but are marked by unforeseen obstacles and we are propelled, by gravity, by fate, by life, into lives that we never imagined for ourselves.
A rain shower is nothing without the boom. I may love watching the rain, but thunder is my all time, favorite sound.

0 comments:
Post a Comment