Saturday, January 24, 2015 | By: Unknown

Tis been a while!


“The entrance to the Underworld is in Los Angeles.”
Yeah, I get it. It has been a while. Though, to be fair, I didn't have a New Year's resolution committing myself to writing a blog every week. Still, I missed writing to ya'll and I'm sure you missed my cheeky pattering.

Never fear! I am still lonely, homesick, and egotistical enough to want to write home as much as possible. The only reason I haven't been writing recently is because things have been crazy, oscillating between hectic and just plain lazy.

So, updates:

“There's No Place Like Home”
As wonderful as it was to go back to Salt Lake for those three weeks, it was good to come home again. I had missed my own little family here in L.A: Miya, Tolkien, and the ferrets... they may be small and fuzzy but they are my small and fuzzy. I was extremely anxious to get them all back as soon as we landed at LAX, which actually almost didn't happen. 

We gave the guy who was watching Tolkien rights to the car while we were gone. Really we did so because we had to. The man had no car and was expected to drive from Santa Monica to our house every other day to feed and water the ferrets as well. Well, turns out the guy has a driver's license but not one that is valid with our insurance company since he didn't get it in the United States. So, he couldn't drive the car anyway. But, the person who was supposed to watch the cat ended up dumping him at the guy's house along with the car key (she thought she was being helpful). Well, since the dude didn't end up using the car, he forgot he had it and did not return it to our house. When we got home we realized we had the car but no car key. Also, we've been meaning to get a spare car key since I got the car key thing in the steering column replaced two years ago. So, we had to call on a friend to drive us to Santa Monica so we could get the car key.... it was rather infuriating. 

We almost weren't able to get Miya that day. The rain poured all day long. Normally, this is something I love, but... driving in L.A. when it's sprinkling outside is terrifying. They just don't know how to handle it. So, when it's pouring outside: I closed my eyes almost the entire way to get Miya. It was worth it to have her back that day though. She really is a sweetheart. When I first saw her after the three weeks she jumped up and tried to lick my face. Her tooth connected with one of my front teeth and chipped it! Seriously, it's a big chip in my front tooth. God love that dog. 

I'll be honest too. I missed never being cold. It was frigid in Utah and, while I liked the snow, I missed Los Angeles weather. Daniel and I have wandered outside a couple of times this week (I told you Hectic & Lazy) and we actually laid in the grass and sunned ourselves! Today we went to Universal Studios and just enjoyed sitting in the sun and being outside in the warmth. We didn't even go on any rides! 

Teaching.
Well, I've been back teaching for two weeks now and I'm starting to get back into the groove of it. Breaks are nice but I really do love my job. Still, I think I may have strained my voice. A couple of days after returning to work I lost my voice because 30 6th graders in one room are noisy sometimes. Well, that turned into a cough that I've had for a week and a half. It's a doozy too. I don't feel sick otherwise but this cough has kept me up late at night every night and it took NyQuil last night to get me to sleep. I try not to take NyQuil on weekdays because it tends to make me groggy for the whole day after. It just messes me up. So, I was excited on Friday night because I might actually get some sleep! Anyway, I'm giving it the weekend and if the cough isn't gone I'm going to go to the doctor's to make sure I don't need medicine to take care of this one. 

Until Next Week.
Well, I'm going to sign off early tonight. I've gotten behind in my lessons and, well, I'm supposed to be writing three tonight. I've finished one...and am kind of working on the second. Sigh, it never ends. Anyway, love you guys! 

<3/Brand-0

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandy, it's always nice to see your Blogs.

Post a Comment